CONSULTING SERVICE RECRUITMENT NOTICE
24 January 2024
Application receipt deadline:
6 February 2024 (11:59 pm)
Project no. and title:
L3594-MON:Sustaining Access to and Quality of Education During Economic Difficulties Project
Asian Development Bank (ADB)
Contract no. and title:
IC-15/01: Financial Analyst
Engagement period and type:
6 person-months (intermittent)
Consulting Services Budget
Estimated Commencement Date
26 February 2024
Scope of the consulting service
The Ministry of Education and Science (MES) transferred budget proposals of the education sector into an electronic version first time in the country and is now receiving and integrating the proposals through a digital system starting in 2021. Also, the MES has been implementing the updated Education Package Law since August 2023. To align with the newly approved Education Package Law, it is essential to update the policies and regulations that are followed in the preparation of the digital budgeting proposals, to prepare e-reporting on digital budget planning, and to conduct analysis on the actual performance of the variable cost for pre-primary and secondary education.
The consultant is required to perform tasks related to revising the relevant policy and regulations for preparing the budget proposals, conducting analysis on the performance of the performance-based variable cost for pre-primary and secondary education and budget of the school lunch program’s and developing recommendations and conclusions based on the analysis. The consulting service will continue intermittent basis for 6 person-months from 26 February 2024 to 30 September 2024.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
The detailed requirement are specified in the CSRN. The key required qualifications include:
- A minimum of a master’s degree or above in finance and economics;
- More than 5 years of experience in finance, economics, and accounting;
- Experience working in the education sector budgeting; and
- Experience in (i) budgeting, budget planning, and spending and collecting; and (ii) in research and comparative analysis of sector-level laws, policies, and regulations.
Application Submission Procedure
Interested applicants should submit an expression of interest (EOI)s through ADB’s CMS at following link:
The following documents should be prepared in English and Mongolian languages attached to the EOI:
Interested applicants should submit an expression of interest consisting of the following documents, prepared in English and Mongolian languages:
- Cover letter (maximum two pages) explaining the reasons for applying for the position, describing how the candidate’s qualification, skills and work experiences meet the selection criteria;
- Curriculum of vitae prepared in ADB template;
- At least one reference letter from the last employer;
- Copies of all diplomas and certificates;
- Other supporting documents (such as information on previously conducted similar works, experiences and proof of skills and qualifications etc.).
The shortlisted candidates must bring their original diplomas and certificates to the interviews.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted and asked to have an interview with the MES’s Consultant Selection Committee.