Date: 29 May 2021
Loan No. and Title: L3594-MON, Sustaining Access to and Quality of Education During Economic Difficulties Project
Contract No. and Title: IC-11/02 Budget analyst/engineer (8 person-months/estimated/)
- Objective and Purpose of the Assignment
The project objectives are to minimize the negative effects during the difficult economic period by (i) narrowing the gap in the enrolment capacity of schools and kindergartens in Ulaanbaatar and some aimag centers, (ii) supporting the completion of unfinished curriculum reform and associated assessment system reforms, (iii) ensuring the provision of teaching and learning materials (TLM) that accompany the new curriculum, (iv) upgrading the skills and knowledge of teachers and managers for the new curriculum and assessments, and (v) strengthening systems for planning and managing education services. .
The MES intends to transfer the current database on pre-primary and general education resources including human resource, into electronic version which would enable to have an online database, to have digital system for budget planning and approval process at national level.
The budget digital system will be aligned to the real-time information system to identify school and kindergarten construction, expansion, and rehabilitation needs with gender-sensitive and inclusive design parameters, which is being developed under the project. Estimated commencement date is 25 June 2021 and fielding of consultant is planned between 25 June 2021 to 25 February 2022.
- Scope of Work
The main objective of the consulting service is to provide assistance to the senior budget analyst to manage the preparation phase for transferring the existing budget and other associated database into digital system which include conducting necessary research/analysis in the budget proposals preparation; and coordinating between Finance and Economics Department (FED) of MES and the Education Information Technology Center (EITC) during the transfer of the current database into digital system.
Detailed tasks and expected outputs
The specific tasks and expected outputs will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide technical assistance to senior budget analyst’s daily performance;
- Collect data information and other necessary information for developing scope of the online budget planning work plan;
- Collect and document functional and non-functional requirements and validate estimations on all level of administration;
- Assist technical support for present budget information in a clear, dynamic, and understandable format;
- Assist to provide test preparation for the developed system, test and evaluate the results;
- Assist to develop a training module for the developed system and support the FED to organize the training on the usage of the system and responsible for coordination of the training planned in aimags;
- Maintain a day-by-day the assignments which shall record all events pertaining to the administration of the consulting services, request forms, and orders given by the FED, and any other information which may later be of assistance in resolving queries which may arise concerning execution of the works; and
- Keep a logbook throughout the consulting services which records daily work quantities, tests, and other activities to serve as a basis for monthly reporting and contains, at a minimum, information concern in:
- Monthly reports on the assignments under consulting services and checking of monthly billings;
- Reports on works done responding to requirements from FED;
- Assistance to the FED and EITC with regard to the module development as well as budget consolidating process; and
- Other assignments requests by the FED if have.
- Required Qualifications, Skills and Expertise
The applicant must possess and demonstrate the following qualifications:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in business and finance management.
- Must have a more than 2 years of experience in accounting or finance;
- Must have a sufficient knowledge about and minimum of one year of working experience in conducting payroll; and
- Experience in collecting and documenting functional and non-functional requirements and validating estimations shall be preferable.
- Budget information system, performance system, accounting system analyses and relevant research and similar experience;
- Capable to solve technical related issues efficiently and skills to report;
- A strong analytical skill;
- A strong communication skills; and
- Ability to work effectively with teams.
- Application Submission Procedure
Interested applicants should submit an application consisting of the following documents, prepared in English and Mongolian languages through ADB’s Consultant Management System (CMS) at link: cms.adb.org:
- Cover letter (maximum two pages) explaining the reasons for applying for the position, describing how the candidate’s qualification, skills and work experiences meet the selection criteria;
- Curriculum vitae through template of government officials;
- A reference letter from a previous employer;
- Copies of all diplomas and certificates; and
- Other supporting documents (such as information on previously conducted similar works, experiences, and proof of required skills and qualifications etc).
All documents should be submitted through ADB’s Consultant Management System (CMS) at link cms.adb.org: on or before 6 June 2021. Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted and asked to (i) have a job interview with the MES’ consultant selection committee; and (ii) provide proof of work experience and original copies diplomas and certificates at the interview.
Attn: J.Battuya Procurement specialist
The Ministry of Education and Science of Mongolia, Sustaining Access to and Quality of Education During Economic Difficulties Project
Sukhbaatar District, Baga Toiruu-44, City Center, Room No.802
Ulaanbaatar city, Mongolia
Tel: +976 7766-0888