Through the Chevening/MECSS Partnership Scholarships Scheme, the British and Mongolian Governments jointly invest in talented individuals with focused career plans, the potential to become influential leaders in their field and the desire to contribute to Mongolia's future. The scholarships cover tuition fees, travel costs and living expenses.
The Chevening/MECSS Partnership Scholarships Scheme offers:
- access to high quality British education.
- an opportunity to obtain a postgraduate Master’s qualification (MSc, MA, LLM, MBA).
- the stimulating experience of being part of a dynamic international community of Chevening scholars.
To be eligible for a Chevening Scholarship you must:
- be a Mongolian citizen at the time of applying for the award and intend to return to Mongolia at the end of the period of study;
- already hold a degree that is equivalent to at least a UK second-class honors degree;
- have completed at least two years work or equivalent experience by the end of September in the year prior to the academic year for which the scholarship applies;
- have good English language skills (a minimum IELTS score of 6.5. Some courses, eg law, also require a higher IELTS score)
- have not already received or be receiving financial benefit from a British Government funded scholarship;
- have a track of record of excellence and achievement in their field;
- have a clear idea about how their scholarship will benefit Mongolia on their return;
- be able to demonstrate that they have leadership potential;
- employees, employees’ relatives (or former employees who have left employment less than two years before) of the British Government and or any of its wholly-owned subsidiaries will not be eligible to apply for the Award.