The Government of Mongolia (the Client) through its Ministry of Education and Science, has received financing from the Asian Development Bank towards G9208-MON: Support for Inclusive Education Project. The objective of the project is to improve access to and quality of mainstream education for children with disabilities (CWD) in Mongolia by improving accessibility features in selected mainstream schools and kindergartens; building capacity to deliver inclusive education; and strengthening inclusive education support resources, community engagement, and policy. More information about the project can be obtained from http://www.adb.org/projects/52103-001/main.
Ministry of Education and Science intends to recruit a Monitoring and Evaluation Officer for the Support for Inclusive Education Project to work at the Project Implementation Unit (PIU) under the direction of the Project Coordinator. The position will monitor and evaluate the project implementation, management and financing in accordance with "Regulations on receiving, utilizing, managing, recording, and reporting of foreign assistance," approved by the Government Resolution No. 176; and the Grant Agreement signed between the Government of Mongolia and ADB in 2020. The M&E officer is expected to guide and support the MES, PIU and consultants in proper monitoring and evaluation of the project activities and prepare reports and analysis on project progress. The M&E Officer will also take on responsibilities of the project administration and support the project with fulfilling the required administrative tasks.
- monitor project activities and the results of the design and monitoring framework objectives and indicators and report to ADВ, executing and implementing agencies;
- monitor the project, including reviewing and coordinating the school/kindergarten baseline data and arranging for updates as necessary;
- prepare quarterly and annual reports on the progress of the project in a high-quality manner, and ensure timely submission of the project reports to MES, MOF and ADB;
- work closely with MES environmental focal point on reviewing, accepting the Environmental Management Plan, monitor its matrix of results and activities, and report to ADB;
- manage the already established Grievance Redress mechanism, when necessary, accept and handle grievances following the mechanism;
- update and follow the Project Performance Management System;
- assess the project compliance with the Grant Agreement covenants and report the status to MES, MOF and ADB through the quarterly progress reports and when requested;
- update project information on a regular basis on Official Development Assistance Management Information System (ODAMIS) of MOF and the government glass account (shilendans.gov.mn) to ensure budget and financial transparency;
- provide support to the PIU on contract management, grant administration, and advise on risk identification and proper contract management;
- develop and maintain M&E database for the project;
- prepare project completion report following ADB guidelines, include assessment of the project objectives, evaluation of design and implementation, evaluation of performance, and overall assessment of the outcome against the agreed objectives;
- provide administrative and clerical support to the PIU and project-selected consultants by: (i) ensuring office filing systems and records are properly maintained and updated; (ii) preparing meeting minutes, reviewing and editing reports and documents; and (iii) maintaining the cash register of the PIU;
- announce bidding invitation and publish procurement services in newspapers, government, and other professional websites, ADB systems, and assist procurement specialist in drafting small service contracts;
- support the PIU and consultants in organizing meetings, trainings and seminars through the preparation of relevant documents and materials, site selection, communication and organizational work;
- support the PIU in drafting and translating documents and obtaining signatures and approvals from contractors, implementing agencies, ADB, MOF, and other relevant government agencies;
- if necessary, translate documents from English to Mongolian and Mongolian to English; and
- assume other tasks as assigned by the project coordinator.
Required qualifications and experiences:
- bachelor’s degree in statistics, education, finance, social sciences, or other relevant disciplines
- minimum 5 years of general working experience, and a minimum of 3 years of relevant hands-on experience in monitoring and evaluation of international development projects
- proven understanding and knowledge of the laws and regulations of the Government of Mongolia as well as ADB policies, guidelines, and procedures
- excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- strong analytical, critical thinking, teamworking and communication skills
- good computer skills, with proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PP.
Please submit your application including:
- Cover letter with expression of your interest (maximum 2 pages)
- Detailed CV, copy of diplomas or certificates and a reference letter from at least the last employer
All documents must be submitted in person or via email to the address below.
Attn: Ms.Jijgee Jagar, Support for Inclusive Education Project
Address: City Tower 702, 8th khoroo, Sukhbaatar district, Ulaanbaatar 14200
Closing date for the application is 22 September 2022. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for an interview.