The Government of Mongolia (the Client) through its Ministry of Education and Science, has received financing from the Asian Development Bank towards the Support for Inclusive Education Project.
The objective of the project is to improve access to and quality of mainstream education for CWD in Mongolia by improving accessibility features in selected mainstream schools and kindergartens; building capacity to deliver inclusive education; and strengthening inclusive education support resources, community engagement, and policy.
The procurement specialist will have a minimum of 5 years of experience in international and domestic procurement of goods and works, and will need to prepare bids, bidding documents, job descriptions and other relevant bidding documents; A3 National Certificate of Public Procurement, proven understanding and knowledge of the laws and regulations of the Government of Mongolia as well as ADB policies, guidelines, and procedures, written and oral English proficiency, strong communication and interpersonal skills, and computer skills are required. Additionally, experience with procuring civil works in ADB and other international organizations’ projects will be an advantage.
Specifically, the procurement specialist will
- ensure that procurement under the project is carried out in accordance with ADB guidelines and the procurement plan approved by ADB and the government;
- plan and manage procurement activities including the establishment of bid evaluation committees, preparation of bid documents and cost estimates, invitation for bids, bidders’ inquiries, bid evaluation, preparation of bid evaluation minutes and reports, preparation of contract negotiations with selected bidders, and submissions for ADB’s review in accordance with the project procurement plan and ADB’s guidelines and procedures;
- collaborate with other specialists and consultants;
- update the procurement plan and have it approved by the executing and implementing agency if necessary;
- prepare procurement documents such as bidding documents including technical specifications for goods, works and services to be procured through national competitive bidding and shopping, bid evaluation minutes and reports, contracts, and other submission documents for ADB’s review;
- provide all necessary procurement support to executing and implementing agencies, as well as evaluation and selection committees;
- cooperate with executing and implementing agencies, and ADB in the preparation of documents such as advertisements, shortlists, bidding documents, evaluations, draft contracts, and notices of selection;
- properly prepare and review all procurement documents that need to be reviewed and approved by ADB, and ensure that the latest guidelines, templates, and forms are used;
- together with the other PIU staff and in coordination with the executing and implementing agencies and other relevant stakeholders, arrange inspections of goods, works, and services being procured, as well as inspections of their delivery, storage, and distribution to the final destination to ensure timely availability and proper reception, installation, testing, and user training; ensure that the quality of the procured goods are verified against the specifications before signing acceptance documents for the goods;
- together with the financial management specialist/accountant, ensure that all the procured goods are properly labeled and entered into the project financial management/accounting system;
- monitor the procurement and consultant selection process for compliance with the procurement schedule, notify executing and implementing agencies in the event of any delays, and propose, if necessary, remedial action; and
- collect and maintain complete records of procurement and consultant recruitment activities under the project for audits and references by ADB and the government; make timely entry of information on all the contracts under the project into MOF’s management information systems.
All interested candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter (maximum two pages) supported with the detailed CV, copy of diplomas or certificates and a reference letter from at least the last employer. The application deadline is 30th December 2020. Only successful candidates shall be contacted and interviewed. Please submit the applications in person or via email to the below address.
Name: Enkhbayar B. Room-212, Ministry of Education and Science of Mongolia
Address: Government Building-III, Baga toiruu-44, Sukhbaatar district, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
Tel: +51 260726