Inclusive Education Specialist/Project Coordinator
The Government of Mongolia (the Client) through its Ministry of Education and Science, has received financing from the Asian Development Bank towards the Support for Inclusive Education Project.
The objective of the project is to improve access to and quality of mainstream education for CWD in Mongolia by improving accessibility features in selected mainstream schools and kindergartens; building capacity to deliver inclusive education; and strengthening inclusive education support resources, community engagement, and policy.
The inclusive education specialist/project coordinator will have a graduate degree in education, public administration, or other relevant disciplines, and a minimum of 5 years of professional experience in the education sector, including understanding of inclusive education principles, and demonstrated experience with managing projects funded by the Asian Development Bank (ADB) or other international financial institutions (IFIs). Proven understanding and knowledge of the laws and regulations of the Government of Mongolia as well as ADB policies, guidelines, and procedures, written and oral English proficiency, strong communication and interpersonal skills, and computer skills are required.
Specifically, the inclusive education specialist/project coordinator will
- manage the staff and consultants of the project implementation unit (PIU);
- assume overall responsibility for coordinating and implementing project activities in accordance with the project implementation schedule, investment and financing plan, procurement plan and other project documents, and the annual action plan and budget for the project, to ensure timely achievements of performance targets in compliance with the loan agreement, ADB policies and procedures, and the national laws and regulations;
- implement the duties and responsibilities set forth in Order 196 of the Minister of Finance;
- cooperate with the executing and implementing agencies and ADB;
- ensure that the draft budget of the Ministry of Education and Science, which is submitted to the Ministry of Finance, includes sufficient stakeholder funding;
- monitor the project, including reviewing and coordinating the school/kindergarten baseline data and arranging for updates as necessary;
- prepare quarterly and annual reports on the progress of the project (including the monitoring matrix of results, activities and gender action plans) for review by contractors and implementing agencies, and prepare these reports in a high-quality manner and submit them to ADB on time;
- act as Secretary of the Project Steering Committee;
- monitor project activities and the results of the design and monitoring framework objectives and indicators and report to ADВ, executing and implementing agencies;
- under the guidance of a gender consultant, with the support of senior training and public participation specialists and coordinators from the four regions, to act as a primary gender specialist for the project to oversee the implementation, monitoring and reporting of the gender action plan;
- support the Ministry of Education and Science in the selection of consultants and monitor the activities;
- ensure general coordination between the members of the consultant team;
- develop an annual project work plan to be approved by the Ministry of Education and Science;
- ensure that procurement and capital flows are regulated in accordance with ADB guidelines and government requirements;
- responsible for annual audits of project financial statements and timely reporting;
- support ADB’s oversight by preparing a project implementation report in advance of ADB’s project inspections (“review missions”), assisting the monitoring team in developing plans, attending team meetings, and providing new information; and
- ensure that all project-related complaints are handled properly.
All interested candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter (maximum two pages) supported with the detailed CV, copy of diplomas or certificates and a reference letter from at least the last employer. The application deadline is 30th December 2020. Only successful candidates shall be contacted and interviewed. Please submit the applications in person or via email to the below address.
Name: Enkhbayar B. Room-212, Ministry of Education and Science of Mongolia
Address: Government Building-III, Baga toiruu-44, Sukhbaatar district, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
Tel: +51 260726